The Academic Council shall primarily be concerned with all the academic affairs of the college, encompassing academic staff, academic planning,instructional issues, students,
co-curricular activities,residence halls and discipline and so on. It is the responsibility of Academic Council to endeavour and ensure the best practices are implemented and standards are maintained.
The Academic Council shall exercise the following functions:
- 1. Framing and revising the curriculum of every academic program of the college (As per norms).
- 2. Arranging teaching requirements for completing academic programs.
- 3. Making arrangements for conducting examinations, as required.
- 4. Recommending the Governing Council for conferment of degrees and other academic titles.
- 5. Supervising the functioning of the Central Library of the college.
- 6. Promoting research activity within the college.
- 7. Collaborating with other academic institutes and industry.
- 8. Creating a conducive environment in order to develop entrepreneurship.
- 9. Suggesting to the college hostel management.
- 10. Ensuring discipline amongst the students.
- 11. Facilitating and supervising the co-curricular activities for the students.
- 12. Encouraging students with awards, stipends, scholarships, medals and prizes and so on.
- 13. Motivating and guiding students in order to utilize the placement and training activities.
- 14.Appointing committees from amongst the college teaching faculty and experts from outside, in order to sort out and advice on specific academic issues. And consequently acting on the recommendations of such committees after due consideration.
- 15. Appointing a review committee periodically, in order to review all the Institute academic activities, including the curricula, academic rules and regulations. And consequently acting on its recommendations after due consideration.
- 16. Planning and executing the overall academic growth of the college including apprising. Finally making recommendations to the Governing Council, wherever necessary.
- 17. Collecting fund (Seminar/Project/FDP/etc) from different Govt. Bodies.